Navabi: What to wear to a Wedding18:02
Wedding season is well and truly under way and finding that perfect outfit to make you look and feel gorgeous can be a little daunting. Let me give you a few tips based on how I chose what to wear as a wedding guest with a little help from my friends at Navabi.
The key points to remember when picking an outfit for a wedding are;
- Never upstage the Bride. It's her day...not yours, so whilst you should always dress to impress, try not to pick something that is likely to attract attention away from her beautiful gown.
- Bear in mind any colour schemes. I have been asked to sit out of group photos in the past down to the fact that I didn't follow the couples colour scheme.
- Avoid white. Some white on an outfit is different to rocking up in a plain white dress.
- Think about comfort too; You will be in this outfit all day, you will be eating and or drinking and hopefully dancing so think about being comfortable as well as looking fabulous!
- Being barefoot at wedding is never a good look. Bring flats, if you're planning to dance the night away!
Navabi have a plethora of stunning wedding guest outfits starting at around £80 and ranging from a size 14 up to a 28.
Here are a few of my favourite items available now;
|Left to Right:|
Floral Print Satin Dress//Lace Jersey Dress//V Neck Lace Dress
|Left to Right:|
Floral Layered Chiffon Dress//Embellished Chiffon Dress//Floral Print Dress
My favourite pick of this season's offerings has to be this dress;
|Elvi Draped Jersey Dress|
I just had to try it on. I was not disappointed. The beautiful blush colour really complimented my skin tone and newly dyed red hair (Did you notice??) I teamed it with silver accessories and a pair of nude block heeled sandals. I would usually team this with a sparkly clutch and perhaps even add a pretty fascinator
The ruching on the side reveals a slight side split. The neck is embellished with small square studs to accentuate the slash neck style.
The dress is simple but with the right accessories it really comes to life. I am wearing a size 20 and I feel that this is true to it's size. I am between an 18 and a 20 and this is a little loose on me. This dress isn't meant to be skin tight, it's meant to drape, so get the desired look opt for the higher of two sizes if you (like me) are between two.
Overall Summary: A gorgeous dress, perfect for spring/summer occasions. Chose your accessories carefully to complete the look.
Potential improvements: I can see no fault with this dress.
Would I recommend this? Yes I would, I adore it!
Hair & MUA: Kat Henry
Photographer: QR Photography
This product was sent to me for review purposes. The review above is based on my own opinion of the product and I own all creative content of this post.