It's been a year!00:21
One WHOLE year since my +Ms Curvaceous UK audition.
That's where I got on this roller coaster...and I'm not looking to get off just yet (I'm enjoying the ride way too much)
I just thought I would take this opportunity to share some of my notable successes, y'know the good shiz!
OK so as you know, even though I auditioned for MCUK I didn't make it through to the top 20 finalists. At the time I was kinda gutted...no...I was a lot gutted I won't lie! BUT every cloud has a silver lining so to speak. This is where it all started, when I was made an Ambassador for MCUK instead.
Q: What even is an Ambassador anyways?
A: I didn't know either - don't worry, but it has proven to be so much more than I anticipated.
Q: Oh yeah? What did you get out of it?
A: Cheeky one aren't ya conscience! I got a lot out of it thank you very much! I got the chance to do my first catwalk at the Ms Curvaceous UK Finale. The ambassadors got to open the show! I have had the chance to meet future applicants and talk to them about my experiences and mentor them. I went to London Fashion Weekend with MCUK and some of the finalists. It gave me a foot in the door to the industry. It allowed me to meet so many beautiful and inspiring women along the way from the ladies I auditioned with (many of which are still good friends to this day) to my fellow ambassadors; these ladies are my rocks and I simply cannot live without them. The 20 finalists are a bunch of talented young ladies, they inspire me constantly, each of them have been successful individually, it makes me so proud and I am honoured to call them friends. Meeting the budding applicants is so refreshing to see all the emerging talent, it's an exciting community to be part of right now. Not to mention all the focal people from the industry too & brand exposure.
Other notable successes;
- Modelling for some fantastic brands such as; Simply Be, Lisa Riley's "Just Be You" range for Figure 8 Clothing & Scarlett & Jo.
- Collaborating with some fantastic brands on this very blog; like +Lovedrobe Clothing, +Collectif Clothing, +boohoo.com , Curv'i'licious Clothing, Curvy Kate, Evans & more.
- Being named as a Face of Curve It 2016
- Signed as a model to Model XL
- Blogging & event photography for some fantastic events like Style XL, Model XL pageant, Curvy Con, Miss Plus Size UK, Big Beautiful Wedding Expo.
- Becoming a regular Curvy Kitten for BGP.
- Winning the Scarlett & Jo #Selfie Competition.
- My blog being nominated for "Best New Blog" at the British Plus Size Awards.
- Presenting the award for "Best Swimwear Range" to Simply Be at the British Plus Size Awards.
- Watching our brainchild; "The Rubenesque Effect" bloom.
- Being involved in many charity events for fantastic causes as Ms Surrey Curve 2015.
- Being featured on the Daily Mirror and various other websites/online mags.
- Becoming a Brand ambassador for House of Hair UK & Polly Grace Clothing
- Being interviewed for Lovedrobe's blog.
- Having the opportunity to work with some fantastic Photographers such as Petros Photography, Tendai Pottinger, Chiara Aprea & Velvet D'Amour.
- Having my blog posts published on other blogs such as Simply Be's blog; SB Edit & Style XL Online.
- Becoming involved with my sponsors Louise Bunny Hop & Styled by Susie.
- Featuring in the local press and being a guest on a local radio show.
- Being crowned Ms British Beauty Curve 2015
There are more things that I have done over the last 12 months and each one has been a fantastic achievement for me, but these for me have been my highlights.
I couldn't have done any of this without your love and support, so my thanks and gratitude goes to everyone who has been there with me for any part of this journey. Thank you for pushing me and inspiring me to do better.
I make my pledge to give another 12 months to the cause of inspiring others to fulfil their dreams and goals. I want to make a difference to someone, I want someone to say, "Kat, because of you...I did this..."
That's my goal!
So here's to a fantastic year and raise a glass with me to another one ahead.